Like all Canadian charities, the Coalition to End Homelessness belongs to its members. Members set our constitution and bylaws, elect our Board of Directors, and ensure that the work we do supports our mission to end homelessness in the Capital Region.
Because members are essential to our success, we offer the following member benefits:
All members receive:
- New member welcome e-brochure
- Monthly membership email
- Participation in our standing Working Groups
Corporate members also receive
- The ability to add events to our online calendar
- Social media promotion
- Support for housing developments
- Inclusion on the literature wall in our meeting room (as of June 1, 2019)
Corporate and Individual Membership Applications
The membership year for the Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness Society runs April 1 to March 31.
- Corporate membership is $50 and entitles the organization to name three (3) voting representatives for the Annual General Meeting.
- Click here to apply for your corporate membership.
- Individual membership is $10 (a Membership Assistance Program is available for those who request financial assistance)
- Click here to apply for your individual membership.
Pay for Membership
To pay Membership dues with a credit card, go to CanadaHelps, enter the appropriate dollar amount, and select from the drop-down menu (individual or corporate member). You can also mail a cheque to
- Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness
Unit 211 – 611 Discovery Street
Victoria, BC V8T 5G4
All information collected in our forms will be kept private in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act. The information will be used for maintaining the Register of Members and for notifying members of meeting dates and Coalition news relevant to members.
Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness Society.
Charitable Organization #842615221RR0001
Please note: applications for new members are reviewed and approved at the Board of Directors meetings.
Current Corporate Members
- 9-10 Soup Club
- Aboriginal Coalition to End Homelessness
- Anawim Companion’s Society, The
- AVI Health & Community Services Society
- Bay Centre, The
- BC Housing Management Commission
- Beacon Community Services
- Boys & Girls Club
- Burnside Gorge Community Association
- Capital Regional District
- Committee to End Homelessness
- Community Social Planning Council
- Cornerstone Youth Society
- Cridge Centre for the Family, The
- Devi Trust Foundation
- Doctors of the World
- Downtown Victoria Business Association
- Employment & Social Devopment – Service Canada
- Gillybird Nature Schools Ltd
- Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Victoria Housing Society
- GT Hiring Solutions and MAXIMUS Canada Employment Services (WorkBC)
- IPB Consulting Services
- Island Health
- La Société francophone de Victoria **2018
- Lookout Housing and Health Society
- Maritime Museum of BC
- Mustard Seed, The
- Network of Homes Affordable Housing Society
- Our Place Society
- Pacifica Housing Advisory Association
- PEERS Victoria Resources Society
- Rent Smart
- South Mid Vancouver Island Zone Veterans Housing Society
- Vincent de Paul
- Salvation Army – ARC, The
- Threshold Housing Society
- Together Against Poverty Society
- Umbrella Society for Addictions & Mental Health
- United Way of Greater Victoria
- Victoria Brain Injury Society
(Last updated December 2020)
Have a question? Want to ask a question? Have some feedback?
Members are invited to submit feedback via our Members Feedback form.
If you require urgent emotional support, including having thoughts of suicide and other mental health issues, please call Vancouver Island Crisis Line: 1-888-494-3888.
Youth (under 25 years of age) may access youthspace.ca for online emotional support.
For other resources, including shelter availability, visit bc211.ca