The broad central objectives of the Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness’s working group is to assist the Steering Committee in the development of the Strategic Plan and Business Plan, and to facilitate community engagement to support the implementation of projects and inform deliverables. This includes identifying and actioning the requirement of new groups related to carrying out specific tasks and providing the necessary leadership through the working with community service organizations to produce the desired results.
Each group meets monthly for 2 hours to provide input, move projects forward, and share concerns in their particular areas of focus. They are attended by anywhere from 5 – 20 people, mainly comprised of service agency representatives, as well as funders and other engaged community members. They are more than advisory in that our meetings move projects forward, though we try not to burden members with additional work outside the meeting times.
Monitoring & Evaluation
Focused primarily on the strategic priority of Evidence-based Reporting, and secondarily on System Effectiveness.
- Implementation of monitoring framework
- Analysis of annual shelter data
- Publication of 2018 PiT count results
Focused primarily on the strategic priority of System Effectiveness, and secondarily on Evidence-Based Reporting and Building Capacity.
- Adoption and implementation of the Housing Stability Policy
- Best practice training (delivered by the Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness)
- Research and development of retention strategies for sector workforce burnout
Communications & Community Engagement
Focused primarily on the strategic priority of Inclusiveness, and secondarily on System Effectiveness and Building Capacity.
- Community association outreach
- Business community outreach
- Media relations
- Annual member survey