The Governance Framework of the Coalition has five management levels.
Governance and Strategic Direction
The Coalition Board of Directors governs the Coalition and is responsible for all key decisions.
The Board of Directors provides strategic and operations direction to the Executive Director; and to those committees reporting directly to the Board.
The following standing committees provide direct support to the Board of Directors in carrying out its responsibilities.
The Executive Committee acts on behalf of the Board of Directors between Board meetings. The Executive Committee provides operational and administrative support to the Board between meetings by assisting in the development of the Board agendas and reviewing supporting documentation on route to the next Board meeting; by providing operational advice to the Co-chairs of the Board between meetings; and by handling urgent situations.
With direction from the Board of Directors as required, the Executive Committee also deals with matters relating to the Board’s role as an employer; acts as the policy committee (other than financial policy); and undertakes AGM/nominations committee functions on behalf of the Board of Directors.
Finance and Audit Committee
The Finance and Audit Committee assists the Board in discharging its oversight responsibilities with respect to finances, financial reporting, financial and corporate policies and internal and external audit.
The Executive Director provides operational leadership to the Coalition Staff. The Staff is the overall management arm of the Coalition and the principle conduit between the Board of Directors and the Steering Committee and supporting Working Groups.
The Staff operationalizes the strategic and operations direction provided by the Board of Directors. Its mandate is to meet the strategic/operational goals and objectives set by the Board through effective business planning, financial management, communications, project management, coordination of supporting committee structures, and administrative support services.
The Steering Committee is the primary operational support committee to the Staff.
In collaboration with the Executive Director, it has primary accountability for:
- providing advice on how best to operationalize the strategic and operations direction provided by the Board of Directors through participating jointly with the Executive Director in the development of an annual or multi-year Business Plan;
- implementing the Coalition’s annual or multi-year Business Plan; and
- providing management direction and oversight to the Working Groups
Greater Victoria Coalition to End Homelessness Board of Directors 2016-17
- Lisa Helps, CRD-City of Victoria
- Ian Batey, Community Director
- Steve Tribe, Community Director
- Michael L, Community Director
- Bruce Parisian, Aboriginal Coalition to End Homelessness
- Vicki Sanders, CRD-Saanich
- Lynda Hundleby, CRD-Esquimalt
- Shayne Ramsay, BC Housing
- Sandra Richardson, Victoria Foundation
- Patricia Jelinski, United Way
- Cheryl Damstetter, Island Health
Ex Officio Member
- Donna Wingfield, Service Canada