Below you will learn more about the COVID-19 vaccines, how you can receive your first vaccine shot, what to expect, and some facts and myths surrounding COVID-19 vaccination.
BC’s vaccination program is underway and unsheltered individuals are now eligible for vaccination. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccines, how you can receive your first vaccine shot, what to expect, and some facts and myths surrounding COVID-19 vaccination below.
Vaccine Information for Vulnerable Populations:
- Greater Victoria COVID-19 Vaccine Information One-Pager
- Your Decision – Vaccine Consent and FAQ PPT – Brought to you by the Society of St Vincent de Paul – Vancouver Island
Websites offering more information about BC’s COVID-19 vaccination plan:
- Immunize BC: immunizebc.ca/ask-us
- BC Centre for Disease Control: bccdc.ca/covid19vaccine
- Government of BC: www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/plan
- Island Health: www.islandhealth.ca/learn-about-health/covid-19/covid-19-vaccine
If you require urgent emotional support, including having thoughts of suicide and other mental health issues, please call Vancouver Island Crisis Line: 1-888-494-3888.
Youth (under 25 years of age) may access youthspace.ca for online emotional support.
For other resources, including shelter availability, visit bc211.ca